At what point must I pay corporation tax?

M

Moggy

Hi,

I have my first annual return (6 month mark) coming up soon, is this the point at which I must pay corporation tax?

No, Corporation tax is payable in two installments. The first one month before your year end (or the 21st of that month if that is earlier). At this stage you must pay 90% of your final liability for the year or, if the company had a liability of less than €150k the previous year, you can pay 100% of the prior year liability.

Then, the balance must be paid by the date that the corporation tax return is due which is nine months after the year end (or the 21st of that month if earlier).

Presuming you don't expect to have Corporation tax in excess of 150k for your first year, you don't have to make your corporation tax payment until (at least) the 21st of the ninth month after your year end.

Hi,

I have my first annual return (6 month mark) coming up soon, is this the point at which I must pay corporation tax?

The annual return is from the companies office, and corporation tax is payable to revenue. Have you an accountant acting on your behalf? If so get in touch with him/her regarding the 6 month annual return. If not, get one.

Back