Askaboutmoney needs a few bob...

Am happy to make donation (on the way).
Great information and banter here. Many thanks Brendan and all who have taken the time to help me and others.

No ads. please!!!!!!!!!!!

Donation on the way.....

Very much worth the money. I am more of a lurker & have received lots of advice over many years.

Many thanks to BB & all of the mods as well.

Cashman

Hi, Sue Ellen.

Just like last year I would appreciate your send me a postal address for Brendan so that I can put a cheque in the post.
I swear that this time I will file the address in a safe place, though not as safe as last year, because it is so safe I can't find the damn thing.

ATB

Bill K

Hi, Sue Ellen.

Just like last year I would appreciate your send me a postal address for Brendan so that I can put a cheque in the post.
I swear that this time I will file the address in a safe place, though not as safe as last year, because it is so safe I can't find the damn thing.

ATB

Bill K

Hi Bill,

PM sent with details :)

S.E.

The banner is all fine and well for a day or two, but as long as it remains there, you run the risk of frightening users away and in the longer term, damaging the site's brand.

These days, any site with big garish banner tends to be dodgy. Many reputable sites carry ads but these are generally sufficiently tasteful so as not to annoy users.

Hi Tommy

It is now only visible to registered users with at least 10 posts.

And I have made it dismissable. Click on the red x if you don't want to see it.

In the unlikely event that we need to, I can restore it again for everyone, and allow them to dismiss it again.

Brendan

Donation just made, I don't always agree with Brendans viewpoints as expressed in public forums but as pointed out in this thread the site is not all about one person, much much more than that and as such I am more than happy to make a small donation.

Back