ARFs and AMRFs

- looking at Quinn-Life who charge 1.5% plus a fixed fee,..

That does not sound right. Granted, some of the QL Funds have an annual management charge of 1.5% but there are also ones available at 1.2% and 1%. If you are dealing directly with QL, I doubt if they are charging you a fixed fee also (Yes/No) ?

If you are comfortable choosing the provider, product and funds yourself then an 'execution only' service is the way to go. You should be able to buy the product with just the management charge as the only charge.

GS

Hi GSheehy
What is an 'execution only' fund. I'm more than happy to play around with the Quinn Life Freeway offerings with my own money, as there are ample opportunities to switch if one is watching market trends and basing predictions on those and gut feelings. Much rather that than have my fun dissipated inactive and uncaring broker. (I've been burnt - it still hurts).

An 'Execution Only' Service is where you choose the provider, product or funds. As opposed to an 'Advisory' Service, where you pay someone else for their advice on provider, product and investment funds.

There are some samples of these types of services on this thread.

GS

Back