ARF and AMRF pensions

JoplinOne

Hi there,

My late mother's Grant of Probate has come through, it took about 12 weeks. Which was not that bad and is lessening my overall grief -related stress.

What happens now? Does the solicitor take the pensions that are inherited by me and discharge the debts? (30k owed to nursing home, his fee of €4,500) and then I get what is left?

Does anyone know how long it takes one of these firms to release the pension funds? If my dad was still alive he would inherit them, but because I;m the sole heir I think I get them in their entirety. Wondering if anyone has gone through this process before. Also, any idea what they charge to release funds? Or fees in general.

Also, can I claim any tax back on the nursing home money?

Thanks in advance J

I think you've posted before with very specific information?

You'll need to edit your current query to make it easier to read, by including the information posted before.

Broadly speaking, if you have a solicitor, they will deal with taking in the assets and discharging any debts.

Your first port of call should be to your own solicitor who has all the details. And, then, when you've a clearer idea of where this is going, you should probably talk to an accountant to deal with your tax query. If you don't have an accountant , most solicitors would be able to recommend someone to you.

Most financial institutions are pretty slick at releasing funds once the Probate has issued.

mf

Last edited:
Back