Are you still a household close contact and subject to restrictions if you've recently had Covid?

michaelm

I've read the HSE info about close contacts but can't find the answer to my question. Perhaps someone here knows. If someone in your household tests positive then others are household close contacts . . but are you still a household close contact and subject to restrictions if you've recently had Covid? If not, then how recent is recent?

According to hse website
"
In most cases, you can stop self-isolation if you have had no fever for 5 days and it has been 10 days since you first developed symptoms.

If you have no symptoms but have tested positive, you should self-isolate for 10 days from the date of your test, even if you are fully vaccinated.

If you had symptoms of COVID-19 and you get a negative test result, you should self-isolate until you have not had any symptoms for 48 hours
"

Thanks, but it doesn't answer my query. I'm triple jabbed and had Covid over Christmas (touch of a cold for a couple of days). I can't imagine that I'd need to isolate again in January if someone else tested positive in my house.

The HSE are telling people that you do need to restrict your movements if someone in your household is testing positive and you have just had it too. Not sure that's the case in other countries

The HSE are telling people that you do need to restrict your movements if someone in your household is testing positive and you have just had it too.
Thanks. I see that now here. So I do not need to isolate, just restrict my movements.

Last edited:
Back