Are University Fees Tax Deductible?

zoe

If I do a university degree with a reputable and fully accredited university (the university being in the UK) by correspondence course, would any of the fees charged by the university be tax deductible?

Thanks

Not sure about fees paid to UK colleges, but you are eligible for some courses here.

Take a look at [broken link removed] Good luck with the studies!

Only certain institutions and courses qualify. Here's a leaflet [broken link removed] which gives basic information but you would really need to call or email Revenue and give them the specific details relating to your course and they can check if it is on the approved list of colleges and courses.

I'm doing a post-grad a Reading University, got tax relief on that although it's not on the approved list. I think they will give reflief on university courses studied in all EU member states, provided it's recognized university.

Thanks for the link!

It looks like it might at least be a possibility as it states in that link that approved colleges can be...

"A college or institution of higher education in any other EU Member State providing distance education in this State, which provides courses approved for the Higher Education Grants Scheme (this includes the Open University)."

I'll enquire further about it...Thanks!

Thanks quinno - were you there full/part time, or were you doing a correspondence course?

As it was correspondence degree courses I am interested in. Thanks

Back