are just removing posts that you do not agree with

C

cerberus

rainyday,

I was just finishing a response to Aimov andyou deleted it just as I finished it.

This unacceptable. Please put up some kind of pre notice so as NOT to waste people's time.

Also, are just removing posts that you do not agree with?

Is this a growing phenomen on this board?

0]

cerberus - so you want us to put up a message saying "we are going to delete a post in X minutes" ? Then people who only check in once a day will be up in arms demanding that we leave the notice up for 24 hours. Then the weekly guys will be up in arms demanding 7 days notice. I don't think so.

I'm sorry if you lost a post. I'm not sure if it was lost as a side effect of deleting a post which had already been edited out or whether it was removed on purpose.

You are entitled to your say. If you feel your post was deleted in error please repost. If you feel it was deleted because it breached posting guidelines then please don't repost.

Moderators are entitled to moderate - that's what they do.

z

zag

"You are entitled to your say"

Somehow I don't think you really believe that

0]

Re: zag

There is *no* conspiracy cerberus.

Feel free to believe or doubt what you want.

z

free speech

The First Amendment guarantees freedom of speech, religion, press, and assembly, and the right to petition the government.

Looking at the various postings, it looks like the moderators, administrators and others are suffering from "group think" and developing a censorship regime that is becoming more oppressive over time.

I wonder do any others see this.

0]

get over it

cerberus,

I'm wondering how bright you are. The first amendment??? This is Ireland pal! This is a website forum...not your local pub. Get a life pal and get over yourself. If you spend any time here you'll begin to learn that this is a top notch website which is unfortunately dogged by a lot of weirdos and people with various mental problems. Even tonight, one thread had to be locked because one guy wouldn't pay attention to what rainy asked him )time after time) and another thread got deleted from some guy who's main aim in life is to hate Muslims.
This isn't real life c...it's the internet. Get over it.

notamod

but a camp follower
there is censorship going on and/or when some views are expressed, people are set upon by mind police
give a guy a uniform and ............
wam

Can you read my mind ?

Can you read my mind waitAminute ? The police are in my head too and I can't get them outta there. You obviously aren't able to shake them either. Maybe if we do a mindmeld thing like spock taught us we can work together and be rid of them forever. Woohaahaa we have them now. Hang on I think they are on to us. Just lie low for a while and then we can bug everyone again when they think we have gone away. If you need to contact me again just think it. No need to post here or they will know what we are thinking. Get your buddy c to tune in too. Out.

Re: Can you read my mind ?

Hi Cerberus - Zag has pointed out why the possibility of advance warning of post deletions is just not practical. I'm sorry that you lost your post, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Asimov's post was (IMHO) potentially libellous. AAM is owned by Brendan Burgess, and as a moderator, I will be fiercly protective of any further financial exposure for Brendan (over & above the share of the site running costs which he already pays out of his own pocket). I will err on the side of caution.

It has nothing to do with whether I agree with the opinion or not. Last time Asimov got moderated, he blamed it on other posters impersonating him. Now that he has registered, that excuse is gone. Having already had to remove his libellous comment earlier in the day, I somewhat flipped out when I saw he had simply rephrased the same point in a later post. As volunteer moderators, we have better things to do than to babysit individual posters in order to protect this site.

You and Asimov have the absolute right to free speech on the internet. Go set up your own site and you can say what you like about MOL & Ryanair, and bear legal responsibility for what you say yourself.

Now in line with posting guideline 10, I'm not going to entertain further discussion on this issue. If you have further comments, email the editors offline.

Back