Apartment rules - no alterations

Brooklyn

When a management company's rules specify no alterations to an apartment without their consent, what does that typically cover? Obviously knocking down walls but what about things like retiling kitchen floors, replacing doors, repainting ...

The last time I lived in an apartment with a Management company overseeing, they published a monthly flyer. And their contact details were on it, its strange for all the money that is paid to Management companies that they would not do this as standard for their members.

Yes, I know I could phone Management Company X and ask them what their own rules are. I'm trying to find out what that rule typically covers. Hence the question, "what does that typically cover".

retiling or repainting would not usually require any consent. replacement of doors, internal and external, may have an impact if all of the doors are currently fire doors and you want to replace them with non-fire resistant doors.

its usually the external walls that you cannot change, the internal walls you can usually do what u want with them

Back