Anyone want to form an IBRC mortgage holders lobby group?

Discussion in 'Financial campaigns and consultations' started by Brendan Burgess, 14 Feb 2013.

1. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

Irish Nationwide customers should organise to push for these changes

If IN borrowers just sit on their hands and do nothing, the Special Liquidator will just flog off the book.

IN borrowers should form an Irish Nationwide Borrowers Group to lobby for this

They should target

• Civil Servants
    • local TDs
    • The media
    • other lenders
    • The Special Liquidator

2. Tanzin

Tanzin Registered User

Yes, I phoned and emailed IBRC to request that I am given an opportunity to buy my former IN mortgage. I offered to match any reasonable offer received by the liquidators. I also asked to be provided with the valuation for my loan together with a basis for that calculation. The supervisor that I spoke to on the phone said that she could not give me any information but that I should put my questions in an email, which I did. Unfortunately, I have not had any reply to date.

I will post a letter this week to see if that gets a response.

I would be interested in forming a lobby group to buy our mortgages at a discount. Anyone else? I'm not sure how to go about it but would give it a shot - with Brendan et al's advice!

3. eldiablo

eldiablo Frequent Poster

Hi Tanzin,

I'll certainly join a lobby group.. like you I don't know the first thing about starting one but I think if even a few of us got together we could have an impact

4. Tanzin

Tanzin Registered User

OK, so that is two of us. Anyone else??

5. carriel68

carriel68 Frequent Poster

Me also

6. Chas

Chas Frequent Poster

Ive been off the radar for a while ~ what ever became of this subject.
    Did loans get transferred to NAMA?
    Can we buy our loans at a discount ~ I for one would be very interested?
    Did any kind of lobby group get set up?

7. Chas

Chas Frequent Poster

Hello Tanzin - did you ever get any sort of reply / acknowledgement from IBRC ?

Has anyone else had a reply or is this a "work in progress" by the government/NAMA/IBRC that there isn't any news yet?

Doesnt look like your lobby group got off the ground - can I make it 3!!

8. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

I have moved these posts from another thread to get the focus on getting a campaign group set up - Brendan

Guys

I really think you should get your act together on this.

Government policy really needs an input from borrowers.

This has simply not been a priority for them with abortion, EU presidency, etc.

You should organise yourself and start a reasonable campaign that would be in everyone's interest - the borrowers and the taxpayer as owners.

1. The Central Banks Mortgage Arrears Resolution Targets should apply to IBRC borrowers
    2. The Ombudsman should apply to IBRC borrowers
    3. Those in negative equity should get a big reduction for paying down capital to reduce the negative equity
    4. Those with cheap trackers should get a capital write down for allowing the mortgage to be increased.
    5. The pillar banks should be encouraged to accept transfers of mortgages from IBRC customers
    6. Borrowers in serious arrears should be allowed to sell their homes and have the shortfall settled on practical terms.

9. house13

house13 Guest

would be interested in this also.

circa 15,000 INBS mortages, i wonder how many of them are within 2-5 years of being paid off in full.

how many of them have

10 - 15 years remaining
    20+ years remaining.

10. eldiablo

eldiablo Frequent Poster

Hi all, I think we have 6 people now so we could start something? Try get support from some TDs? I'm willing to try

11. norejon

norejon Frequent Poster

me too

12. Blarney

Blarney Frequent Poster

me too. I'll visit my local TD over the next few days and bend his ear on this one.

13. house13

house13 Guest

better hurry up

the time to speak is now..

http://www.thejournal.ie/ibrc-borrowers-1008830-Jul2013/

the time to lobby TD's is now. I already have contacted local TD's

id say that the ones that will be sold individually will be ones nearly paid off, and near the end of their term.

this is the interesting paragraph

"Where no bid is received, or the bids received by the Special Liquidators are not in excess of the valuation price, the Special Liquidators will be required to sell those loans and collateral obligations to NAMA at the valuation price, unless otherwise provided for by the Ministerial Instructions."

14. rtc

rtc Registered User

Lobby group great idea ,do we get advice on a process ,template approach letter etc and target IBRC en masse ?

rtc

15. Daffydun

Daffydun Registered User

IBRC Lobby Group

Yes I would be interested in the lobby group

16. Devcar1971

Devcar1971 Registered User

I'm interested just tell me what to do .

17. rtc

rtc Registered User

What about setting up a facebook page with a view to connecting people and formulating a strategy ?

18. macaw

macaw Frequent Poster

Count me in.

19. itsallwrong

itsallwrong Frequent Poster

Given the apathy in general in this country folks, you really really need to get a core group of very
    willing people who are very willing to get up the noses of anyone influential that is connected with the campaign.

I don't know if any of you followed the PTSB campaign which formed on AAM,
    but it was sheer perseverance by the members who got it to a result.

If you are talking seriously, I'm sure Brendan will set you up a private forum that you can plan strategies.
    Don't be too vocal about your plans on a public forum.

The facebook/twitter approach does work but you should use it to direct interested people to one location.
    Nominate someone to look after the social sites.

Don't be stumped by the numbers of your group - you would be amazed the influence a small number
    of people can do with the correct organisation and determination.

20. carriel68

carriel68 Frequent Poster

Do we have a lobby group? How do I get in contact with it?Has anyone had any replies from TDs etc? I have'nt yet.They might listen to a united voice.Where do we get in contact with each other?