Anyone get their closing cheque balance from Ulster Bank?

Tintagel

I left a small sum of money in my Ulster Bank current account. I received a bank statement today saying that my account has now been closed and a cheque issued on the 6th March.

I have not received this cheque. Anybody else noticing this?

I would prefer this small sum of money to go to a charity rather than the Ulster Bank keep it.

My brother got a batch of them recently, it did say if the cheque wasn't cashed or returned (don't know exact wording) that it would go to charity. I do know from another query that they are posting out cheques on all dormant accounts and if the cheques come back it's going to charity too.

I got my closing balance Cheque last week. It was unexpected! I had inadvertently left 1cent in an account. So the cheque amount was Zero.

I have no problem with them giving my small amount to charity.....but they need to either ask me or put some sort of insert in to to their closing statement saying that they have done this, with the option to cancel what they have done.

I got my closing balance Cheque last week. It was unexpected! I had inadvertently left 1cent in an account. So the cheque amount was Zero.

Did you receive a cheque for €0.00? Or €0.01?

They shouldn't be sending out cheques for €0.00. There would likely have been thousands of accounts in which the customer hadn't bothered to formally close but had at least transferred out all the funds, leaving a zero balance. I'd be surprised if Ulster are sending out thousands of cheques for €0.00.

I got one from UB today and it was for just over €9 quid due to miscalculation of interest on Mortgage account (?).
The letter said I should consider paying some or all of this off the mortgage. Generic letter I know but made me chuckle.

My brother got a batch of them recently, it did say if the cheque wasn't cashed or returned (don't know exact wording) that it would go to charity. I do know from another query that they are posting out cheques on all dormant accounts and if the cheques come back it's going to charity too.

If the amount is less than €10 and it is not cashed within 6mths then the money goes to charity.

I left zero balances in a few accounts there and didn't get any zero cheques, just got a bunch of closing statements.

Cheque for €0.03 received yesterday, at least the state is getting lots of stamp duty for all of these.

I selected an option online to pay any outstanding balances into another bank account.
so no cheques received, but small interest balances were transferred to my new account.

Back