Anyone get a 3G iPhone?

I second the positivity, was a little bumpy to set up but very much well worth the effort!!

i got one although i am a manager for carphone warehouse, i didnt get the first one but i did get the new one so far so good!

Got the 16Gb version on Friday and am very happy with it - it's everything I currently want in a single mobile device (phone+ipod+internet+email). Got €60 off on a upgrade which was an added bonus. Glad I pre-ordered it too.

Coverage was very patchy initially and my 3G didn't work until Sunday afternoon but it's all working fine now. Battery looks like it will probably need daily charging but I was expecting that.

Two thumbs up.

Yeah I held off buying the initial phone because of it's price but at €99 I couldn't resist the new one.

I picked up the 8GB model on Friday morning and am absolutely delighted with it. I'm a bit of a Mac fan (I work on Mac computers all the time) so for me it was only a matter of time. It's so handy to be able to sync Apple Mail, Address Book, iCal, iPhoto, etc. The device is just such a joy to use.

Only problem was activation on Friday because Apple's servers crashed for a few hours which was annoying. Also, the price plans are not too generous which is a pity. But they do come with free WiFi on all the BitBuzz hotspots around the country.

I'm waiting til I can get one cheap in the US :)

Last time I checked the € prices had been adjusted for the weak $. AT&T are selling the 16GB model for $299 (which doesn't include sales tax), which would work out at about €205.
The registration and activiation in the US has also changed, in that it is activated in the shop when you buy the unit and sign up to the 2 year contract. Haven't seen what the price is for unlocked phones, but I would imagine they are considerably higher.

Back