Anybody know how to get through to an NIB branch?

burkemg

I try to contact my branch these days only to get routed to a call centre?

Anyone else experience this?

The branch locater on the NIB website gives 1890 numbers for all its branches which are probably routed through a call centre.

Have a look for your NIB branch in the golden pages and you might find the "old" number with the local area code. I frequently ring my local branch on South Mall, Cork using an 021 number and someone in the branch always answers the phone.

Doesn't matter if you ring the old branch number- you will still get put through to the call centre. If you have to speak to someone in branch then I think you will have to go through the call centre- though I'm not sure how quick they are to do that!

My branch only just went on to the call centre this week (they must be doing it in phases) i actually find them very helpful, but if I want to speak to somebody in the branch they will put me straight through.

You may need to put a bit of pressure on the call centre people to get through to the branch. On several occasions, they have been unable to get anybody in the branch and they leave a message for someone to call me back. Call backs can take hours, or days or never.

I got a callback from the branch yesterday for a message that had been left at least 10 days earlier. Fortunately, my email contact to a manager at the branch had actioned the issue about a week ago.

They're definitely in the process of sending all phone calls to branches through the call centre. The direct number that I have always used was routed there this morning. However, I just gave them the name of the person I wanted and the branch address and I was connected within seconds.

Back