Anybody else having problems with UTV broadband?

I actually went from a UTV supplied wired modem in attic to a netopia wireless modem at main eircom socket yesterday. SNR, etc stats improved considerably.

Interesting - thanks. Must try my own router on the main phone point rather than at the end of the extension lead to the upstairs as it is at the moment!

Just an update on our problem. We insisted UTV register this as an issue with eircom, which they did last week. Eircom rang yesterday to say they had found a fault and had resolved it. Early days, but so far since yesterday we have not had an outage.

Interesting - thanks. Must try my own router on the main phone point rather than at the end of the extension lead to the upstairs as it is at the moment!
Tried this at last and while it's early days it looks like having the router closer to the main phone point may be helping - no disconnects so far over the weekend. :eek:

Also I seem to have been automatically upgraded from 2Mbps to 3Mbps recently. :)

Cool.

If it is not practical to leave router near phoneline try using CAT5 from eircom socket to router - have recently seen it recommended on another site.

My original setup was probably far from ideal now that I look at it: a cable run from the main phone point to the stairs, a female/female RJ11 connector, an RJ11 splitter one side connected to DSL microfilter and phone and the other to another long cable run upstairs to the router beside the desktop PC. Basically all the connections and cable runs could feasibly have introduced flakiness causing the router to disconnect from time to time. I need to monitor it a bit more but it looks like moving the router to nearer the main phone point has helped.

Back