Any Investment suggestions gratefully appreciated

Maybe I should put it in the Post office 10 year saving bond, unless anyone has any other suggestions.
You said that you wanted to avoid a negative return but at less than 1% p.a. on that product it is almost certainly not going to keep pace with inflation so your money will lose value.

If your investment timeframe is up to 10 years then, in my opinion, you should consider a low charges open ended (not fixed term) investment product and select an fund with an appropriate asset mix/risk-reward profile. As I said before, I think that you might've been better off leaving it where it originally was with Zurich (although I don't know what sort of fund it was in) rather than panicking, trying to time the market and effectively crystallising losses by switching to cash. 0.85% annual management charge isn't the worst but even lower charges may be possible elsewhere.

You should probably have a read of existing Askaboutmoney threads dealing with options for those with a lump sum to invest to get other ideas and opinions.

Last edited:
Best to keep with Zurich, great returns over the past number of year. Just be careful, most of their funds are Tech heavy.

Past performance is no guide to future returns.
Zurich have lots of funds - I don't think that most of them are necessarily tech heavy.

Back