Any have experience of using a Cross Trainer

monagt

Any 1 have experience of using a Cross Trainer, how does it compare to a rowing machine in regard to a normal fitness & weight loss regime?
Are they any good? Is there better options for the home & space?

Last edited:
[broken link removed]

Is €640 (€540 + shipping from UK) too much to spend? Don't want to overspend or end up with 1 that falls apart.

Crosstrainers are well worth the money. Getting the best of running without doing damage to your joints. Get a bench and weights and you'll be laughing.

Is €640 (€540 + shipping from UK) too much to spend? Don't want to overspend or end up with 1 that falls apart.

That seems a reasonable price but:
- would you think of buying from an Irish company - purely because if you do have problems with it or need maintenance it would be far easier to organise if the company is Irish.

- for that money you could join a gym for well over a year and have access to cross trainers PLUS all the other gym equipment, maybe a pool, weights etc... so if you were getting bored with the cross trainer you could do something else.

- lots of people buy brand new gym equipment use it a few times, then it becomes a coat rack - there are often good bargains in the Buy & Sell etc..

have you considered renting one ? theres a company called 'fitness for life' rent these on a monthly basis - if you get into it you can then buy it off them and they take your rent off the price. free delivery , set up and all the rest.

i've no connection with the company

Would you consider second hand? Home fitness machines are a regular feature on the second hand sites, many of these are hardly used and available at bargain prices.
Leo

T
- would you think of buying from an Irish company - purely because if you do have problems with it or need maintenance it would be far easier to organise if the company is Irish.

Yes, if buying I try to "buy local" as its a lot easier in the long run, the price difference would have to be huge to do otherwise.

Gym, Renting and Secondhand............all great suggestions, as I do fear getting one and then not being able to use it due to a knee or back problem or something unknown as its a lotta cash.
Thx all :)

I bought a cross-trainer last year in a sport shop in Dublin (can't remember the name at the moment), it was 250 Euro, has a computer and pulse measure thingy (not remote measure though) - it is being used about 2 hours a week between newirishwoman and myself; works just fine. for home usage I wouldn't spent much more, the more expensive stuff is more durable but - and that's a big but - you will spent less time on the thing than you would swear at this point you will :) so you don't need professional gym quality in my opinion. (professional quality would set you back a few thousands anyway).

happy enough with it in terms of fitness gain and weight loss/control; i will come back on model and shop later.

Back