Any charity taking soft toys?

homebird

I have some soft toys which were never used. They are in good condition. Anywhere I can take them?

Any charity shop would like to have them... Also some animal charities like to have them... The pawed people sometimes like a cuddly... Well, they're only human, you know!.....:D

Many charities won't take them unless they're brand new, due to possible contamination - I know children's hospital won't.

When I was clearing out my childhood room a few years back, I found someone who took soft toys, got them professionally cleaned, and sent them to an orphanage in Eastern Europe. Would you like me to look up the contact details?

I think sometimes animal shelters take them as toys for dogs if you can't get rid of them anywhere else.

I think sometimes animal shelters take them as toys for dogs if you can't get rid of them anywhere else.

Yeah the DSPCA definitely take them - as you can imagine, the average soft toy doesn't last too long up there :)

My usual Charity shop doesn't take toys. Barnardos doesn't take soft toys. These are very clean - my own children didn't even play with them. They would be too good to give to animals to play with but I'll keep that in mind if I have anything suitable.

TheBear - would you mind looking up the contact details for Eastern Europe. Thanks to everyone.

Back