another sat nav question

big bird

Does anybody know of a sat nav that will allow you to enter a route of 200 adresses and most importantly save it. my OH is a self employed driver. He delivers to 200 houses each morning. Same route every day. He is trying to get a relief driver so he can take a day off and maybe even a weeks holiday. He thought if he could imput his round a new driver would be able to follow the input route. I have googled and read hundreds of specs rang a couple of suppliers been to Halfords but no one can seem to answer my question. does anyone have a unit that can do this?

You could just buy a map and mark out the addresses out on it.

Too cumbersome and i need to target specific houses. Have a three hour time frame to get deliveries done and consulting a map every few mins is not feasible. Thanks:)

one of the lads I work with from the UK came over 2 weeks ago and he had a TomTom GO 910 and he mentioned it could save multiple addresses.
It even has bluetooth and a hard drive to play your mp3's.
Looked a very impressive little device

Thanks tosullivan. will ring customer support and see if that model is suitable. I didn't think it would be so hard to find one to suit. Have already purchased a Garmin and Rac model and had to return both cause they don't do the job. Sales assistants were a bit vague and also have phoned a few internet sites and just can't get a firm yes or no if this is possible. If you happen to be talking to him soon could you ask if it would support up to 200 addresses. thanks again

Hi there,

came accross this sat nav,
[broken link removed]

it stores 200 addresses, its availabe from Maplin UK, although they have stores all across Ireland also, and its got Full coverage maps of 27 European countries, its seems to be what you need...

Good luck with it!

Regards

I just had alook at that one and thought it was what i'm looking for but according to this [broken link removed] even though it holds 200 addresses it will only let you route 20 destinations at a time:( . Big difference in price between Maplins and above:eek: . I'm beginning to think maybe such a product doesn't exist. Ah well might just have to get a map as suggested by gordongekko:) . thanks for your replys guys.

If you happen to be talking to him soon could you ask if it would support up to 200 addresses. thanks again
haven't been able to contact him in teh last week, but the 910 has a 20GB hard drive so I would imagine it would easily be able to store 200 addresses and much more

I have the Garmin Nuvi 360, it'll store thousands of addresses, points of interest, etc., According to the spec it'll handle up to 500 way points.
Leo

Many GPs systems allow you do do breadcrumbs and trace a route, this might be be an option but perhaps some other poster might have used this feature and be able to avise seperately

Hi Leo. We bought the garmin 360 it let us input 200 addresses:D but it wouldn't let us save them:( Brought it back to halfords and the guy couldn't either:( got on to the lads in mysatnav.ie who were very helpful (thanks emul) they recommended the street poilot but more geared to a motorbike. Finally got a tom tom one which will save 48 addresses at a time and up to 4 routes so close enough to 200. will let you know how we get on. (thanks tosullivan and jeeepers5)

ding dong will have to look into breadcrumbs and trace. Thanks . Sounds a bit like hansel and gretel:p

Hi Leo. We bought the garmin 360 it let us input 200 addresses:D but it wouldn't let us save them:( Brought it back to halfords and the guy couldn't either:(

Strange one that, have had no such problems with mine. But I haven't tried to save quite that many addresses either.
Leo

Back