Annual Car Service

Conshine

Hi - I bout a Toyota car new four years ago and kept up the servicing at the necessary intervals, and was using the garage attached to the Toyota showroom where I bought the car (as reccomended by the sales man!!).

I thought this was something I had to do to keep up the service history stamps in my log book.

I am told by a friend that I can get my servicing done anywhere I like and still maintain a Full Service History status for when I sell the car.

Is this the case? If so, soes it need to be something like a Toyota approved garage?
Are there any certificates or awards I need to ensure that the garage has to ensure I am using a quality garage?

Will a prospective buyer (when I do come to sell) see this as a lower quality FSH and therefore lower the value of the car if I have not gone to the Toyota garage?
What if I go back to Toyota at some point in the future and want to trade in - Will the fact that they have not done the service give me a lower price?

Thanks

Is this the case?

Yes.

If so, soes it need to be something like a Toyota approved garage?

No.

Are there any certificates or awards I need to ensure that the garage has to ensure I am using a quality garage?

No, not necessarily.

Will a prospective buyer (when I do come to sell) see this as a lower quality FSH

A fussy one might and use it as a bargaining tool but generally not a big issue.

What if I go back to Toyota at some point in the future and want to trade in - Will the fact that they have not done the service give me a lower price?

They'll probably try - but you will get a much better price from selling privately anyway.

I thought this was something I had to do to keep up the service history stamps in my log book.
If you had had problems under warranty, you probably would have needed a main dealer service history. But presumably that has now expired. I'd shop around.

Yeah, well, its Toyota, so there have been some "issues" and a couple of recalls were made for some things :).. Warranty has now expired, so am thinking of looking at other options now.. Thanks all!!

Back