Anglo Demand Deposit Account - 5.5%

Jethro Tull

Just read [broken link removed]

5.5% on balances up to 100k (wonder if that amount was influenced by a certain weekend announcement by the government!)

Nothing on [broken link removed] yet though

just logged into Anglo Connect

Rate is still showing as 5.30% but the last tie any of my accounts had a rate change it took a while to shwo up on the online system

If only you could withdraw online and not have to ring or visit a branch

Anyone know if there are plans to update their online banking version with these capabilities?

EDIT: Sure I'll mail them and ask, they usually reply very promptly

i emailed today and they told me the rate comes into effect from monday 29th and that its for existing accounts not just new accounts!

i have asked quite a few times about transacting online - apparently its in the pipeline.

Last edited:
Mailed them and got this response:

Dear xxxxx

Many thanks for your e-mail.

Anglo Irish Bank today (September 22nd 2008) announced that it is increasing the rate and the eligible balance amount on its Premium Demand Account, with effect from September 29th 2008.
Commenting on the latest saving offering, Derek Keogh - Head of Retail Banking (Ireland) at Anglo Irish Bank, said:

"We continue to provide savers with excellent returns on their savings, by simply paying the highest rate for a demand account in Ireland. This account, together with our Regular Annual Saver Account and 1 Year Fixed Term accounts offers a range of savings accounts to meet the needs of all savers, and this latest offer further consolidates Anglo Irish Bank as the most progressive and leading provider of consistently competitive savings products in Ireland."

Highlights of the Premium Demand Account
Rate is being increased by 0.2%, to 5.5% gross/AER variable (with a minimum ECB +0.5% rate guarantee until 1st January 2009*) and is applied to accounts with balances up to and including €100,000 (up from €20,000).
Standard variable rate of 4.5% (with a minimum ECB rate guarantee until 1st January 2009*) applied to accounts with balances greater than €100,000.
Full access to funds on demand

Customers interested in availing of these products can contact Anglo Irish Bank on Lo-Call 1850 44 22 22 (8am - 8pm Monday to Friday) , online via
www.angloirishbank.ie, or in person at our offices.

*Returns are subject to DIRT, currently 20%, where appropriate. From 1st January 2009, the prevailing rate will apply. Telephone calls are recorded. Terms and conditions apply. Anglo Irish Bank Corporation plc is regulated by the Financial Regulator.

Regards

xxxxx xxxxxx

With respect to anglo connect:

Dear xxxxx

With regards Anglo connect. We are working an a new and improved Anglo Connect and you will be advised in the next few months as to how it will function

Regards

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Back