An Post Opening Hours and service

Regarding services provided I remember going into a post office with a letter I'd written expecting to be able to buy an envelope there.

I was laughed at by the two ladies behind the counter.
"Why would we sell envelopes?? We're a post office"

Not sure if its still the same now?

CN624 said:
Regarding services provided I remember going into a post office with a letter I'd written expecting to be able to buy an envelope there.

I was laughed at by the two ladies behind the counter.
"Why would we sell envelopes?? We're a post office"

Not sure if its still the same now?

Do they not still do the white SAE's? They are usually about 60c I think. Madness if they don't sell them anymore

When applying to the CAO many moons ago it said we needed a POP envelope included as an SAE with our application.
Being green I had no idea what a POP envelope was......but asked the post office staff....I must have been the 110000th person to ask that question that day and the woman behind the desk was greatly aggrieved at having to sell me one....
It was POst office Preferred she told me and available in any stationary shop....
I could not understand why they would not sell them if they were the type of envelopes they preferred!!!!

I have at least on three occasions over the last two months got a huge batch of post on Saturday. I asked the Postman in work if he knew what the story was, as he lives in Lucan too.

He told me that there are not enough postman to cover the Lucan area, especially all the new Estates. Post has never been delivered to our Estate until at least 4 o clock every day, and sometimes nothing at all for days. When the post has not been delivered for 2-3 days and is backed up, someone does overtime on the Saturday, hence the Saturday deliveries.

OK, MandaC, I just thought we might be missing out on something in this neck of the woods.

an post sell envelopes with postage paid for 53c which is probably not too much of a mark up. used to sell postcards too but not sure about this one anymore.

Back