An Post Next day delivery

lukegriffen

I'm just wondering does anyone ever get post within 1 day ?
Their website says they had 83% in first quarter...

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/About+An+Post/National+delivery+times.htm

..but I'm convinced that they will only deliver mail if there's more than 1 or 2 items for your address. I don't get that much post, but when I do, it's usually 2 to 5 letters at a time, and these can range from 2 days to 10 days old.

It's not a big deal, but I'm expecting something this week, and am just wondering whether I should go down to the local sorting office and ask have they any post for me :)

I'm based in Dublin 12.

Postmen/women must deliver fully paid items on the day they receive them for delivery and have no right to delay them. Items paid for at a reduced rate and flyers/leaflets may be spread over several days. You can, if you wish, call to your post-office at any time and enquire if there is any mail for you. Also, if you are suspicious mail for you is deliberately delayed, you should tell your delivery post-office supervisor. It is his job to ensure mail is delivered properly.

It definitely sounds like an issue with your particular postperson. I live outside Dublin, and have often received items the day after they were posted. I wouldn't get a huge amount of post either, but it seems to get delivered in a timely fashion.

For business post we go to the sorting office every day as a matter of routine so that we can lodge cheques etc - we get our post at 8:30 then as opposed to 11 or 12.

I would do the same for personal post if it was convenient for me but in general, I do not experience delays like the OP has spoken about.

It can take 2 days sometimes for post to get to us which has been posted less than 20 miles away. It has taken a week at times for post to come from an hour away and yet I can get mail from the USA in four days.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks, I just remembered a few months ago we got a note from An Post saying they were changing work practices re. mail delivery or something like that, so maybe it's just taking a while to settle down. I just thought it odd that I never seemed to get a single letter delivered, it was always 3 to 4, and then nothing for a few days.

Sometimes we dont get any mail for a few days and then get a loads of letters. I'm told that this is because due to some IR issue in my local sorting office, there is no cover for postmen on annual leave. So when our postman takes his 2 week summer break, it means no deliveries for 2 weeks etc.

An Post HQ denies the above is happening - have claimed no knowledge of the IR issue when contacted directly, however, staff at the sorting office will tell you this is what is happening.

Yes, based in Dublin and typically receive mail the following day - even if its just 1 item.

It seems to depend on the area you live in.

Back