An Garda Siochana, fully qualified driver database

bb1

I passsed my driving test during the week, (yipee!), a few hours later I got a text message as follows:
"On behalf of the An Guarda Siochana i would like to welcome you as a fully licenced driver to our elite road network. To register as a fully qualified driver on our countries database, text yes and your full name to this number. This is a free service on behalf an guarda Siochana."

Has anyone heard to this database before & what purpose it serves?
I wasn't sure it's legit as first of all they managed to spell garda wrong twice! But I don't who else would have known that I passed/failed.
Also I like the line about our "elite road network", elite compared to a 3rd world country perhaps!

Re: An Guarda Siochana, fully qualified driver database

I'm pretty sure that's someone taking the Pi$$.

Well done on passing your test though.

did u try ringing the number that sent u the text? could have been a mate having a laugh....

yeah no answer from it, it's an 087 number which would lead me further to be believe alright it might be a friend with a strange sense of humour!
Don't think I'll bother replying to it.

try sticking a 5 after the 087 part of the number...it will go straight to their voicemail greeting where you can figure out who it is if they've recorded a greeting

Back