Amount you can earn to qualify for Shared Ownership

pinkyponk2

In order to qualify for shared ownership you must earn less than 40k per year.

At the moment i work a 4 day week so would come in under the 40k. I havent worked a 5 day week since before i went on maternity leave in 2008 so my P60's for the last few years will show that i earn less than 40k.

I do, however, want to go back on a 5 day week within the next few months so my question is - if i apply for the shared ownership while on a 4 day week and earning less than 40k p/a, when i go back to a 5 day week and am earning over 40k, will Dublin City Council penalise me in anyway or reject my application (if it was still in process)?

It says here
The income test

• Single income household: if your gross income (before tax) in the last income tax year was 40,000 euro or less you are eligible. (Before January 2006 the income limit was 36,800 euro).

So looks like its based on the last income tax year and not possible future increases.

Nope you should be fine I applied for shared ownership whilst my earnings was 38k which went up to 43k during the process but it all went through fine, its your last years rate they go by :)

Back