Deliveries from the UK to Northern Ireland

Slim

Does the parcel motel still operate or is there a similar service to collect items from Amazon UK?

Have ordered from France, Germany, Italy & Spain.

UK deliveries to Ireland are sometimes free depending on value & if you have Prime (I don't).

Can also recommend Hagglezon.com to compare prices. Works best for branded goods where you have the exact model number.

I saved €300 on my last phone purchase ordering it from Italy, delivery in 5 days.

Local phone store here shrugged & told me they hadn't had it in stock for 2 months & had no idea when they'd have it in again.

Every product for sale on Amazon has what is called an ASIN which is a unique code for the product and is the same which ever platform it is sold on. It is usually far down the page but always there.

Once you have the ASIN you can compare the prices across UK, French, Spanish, Italian, and German versions of Amazon.

My experience is that on average Germany is cheapest, but UK is quickest.

Thanks all. I may have erred in that it's not necessarily from Amazon!!

We have a post box thingy up in Newry that we use, we are about 40 mins drive away so handy for us thankfully.
A few others operating similarly in Fermanagh, one about 1 km from the main N3 road between Belturbet and Derrylin that I can strongly recommend if anyone's interested.

We have a post box thingy up in Newry that we use, we are about 40 mins drive away so handy for us thankfully.
There's one of those at the Spar in Jonesborough which is probably the handiest unless you're going on in to Newry.

Does the parcel motel still operate or is there a similar service to collect items from Amazon UK?
An Post have a UK virtual address that you can have stuff shipped to. They then deliver it to your house or a collection point.

An Post have a UK virtual address that you can have stuff shipped to. They then deliver it to your house or a collection point.
Depending on the item, you may be charged both UK VAT, and Irish VAT and duties I think. Depends on the item and how the supplier handled things at their end.

I got into difficulty ordering a free Irish Ulster Bank card reader to the continent. It was sent from the UK and I had not realised that until the Post office sent me a letter to say I had to pay tax (duty) on it. Initially I'd no clue what it was until I contacted the post office to give me a scan of the envelope, I googled the company and realised they manufactured card readers.

Then I wrote to the post off to tell them what it was and that it had no value. So they delivered it.

I purchase nothing ever from the UK now because it's way too complicated.

I purchase nothing ever from the UK now because it's way too complicated.
Most of the businesses doing any kind of volume here have it pretty much sorted at this stage. I even noticed recently a couple of places I used to buy from who took a hard 'your rules you sort out the tax' attitude in the aftermath of Brexit are now promoting their guarantees of no additional taxes or duties. The process to send items DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) isn't all that complex, anyone who offers international shipping who hasn't sorted it at this stage has no business being in business.

Most of the businesses doing any kind of volume here have it pretty much sorted at this stage. I even noticed recently a couple of places I used to buy from who took a hard 'your rules you sort out the tax' attitude in the aftermath of Brexit are now promoting their guarantees of no additional taxes or duties. The process to send items DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) isn't all that complex, anyone who offers international shipping who hasn't sorted it at this stage has no business being in business.
Where we still buy through a UK distributor they have set up an Irish company and have an Irish VAT number in order to service this market. For other products we how use a mainland distributor, usually in Holland or Germany.

Reactions: Leo
Back