Health Insurance Alternative to Simply Connect for Child Who May need orthopedic surgery

anseof

Hi
We are a family of 2 adults and 1 child, all on Laya Simply Connect. I'm looking at alternatives for our Child, as it may be an expensive year this year with Consultants and Physios. We used up all of his day to day expenses last year (Simply Connect is capped at €500). Is there a policy that has a higher allowance on everyday expenses that can be reclaimed (or no cap), e.g. can claim back €1000 rather than €500, and also can claim back more on each Consultant/Physio visit (say 75% rather than 50%)? All without losing other benefits (although I know there won't be quite the same requirements for private rooms in private hospitals, but will still be private day case procedures, and as yet I don't know which hospital(s) the private consultant might use for child's private surgery).
Kind regards
Séona

Simply connect plus has a €1000 limit but only 50% refunds for an extra €10 a month or so.

Most of the plans I am familiar with that have 'enhanced' day to day refunds have 20% shortfall on orthopedic e.g. Health secure plus.

Company Care Plus will tick all of your requirements but is twice the price.

Simply connect plus has a €1000 limit but only 50% refunds for an extra €10 a month or so.
Most of the plans I am familiar with that have 'enhanced' day to day refunds have 20% shortfall on orthopedic e.g. Health secure plus.
Company Care Plus will tick all of your requirements but is twice the price.

- odyssey06 Thanks for your quick response. I see that the Company Care Plus is very expensive, even for children. It seems to be worth changing my son to Simply Connect Plus as it is slightly cheaper than Simply Connect! Thank you.

Hi
We are a family of 2 adults and 1 child, all on Laya Simply Connect. I'm looking at alternatives for our Child, as it may be an expensive year this year with Consultants and Physios. We used up all of his day to day expenses last year (Simply Connect is capped at €500). Is there a policy that has a higher allowance on everyday expenses that can be reclaimed (or no cap), e.g. can claim back €1000 rather than €500, and also can claim back more on each Consultant/Physio visit (say 75% rather than 50%)? All without losing other benefits (although I know there won't be quite the same requirements for private rooms in private hospitals, but will still be private day case procedures, and as yet I don't know which hospital(s) the private consultant might use for child's private surgery).
Kind regards
Séona

Hi anseof,

Connect Care 150, Control 300 Create and Connect Simplicity are also worth consideration.

The outpatient benefit with Connect Simplicity has an interesting element to it if more than one person is on the policy.

All benefits combined are subject to a €1,000 out-patient cap per member unless specified otherwise. Should you not reach your €1,000 cap the remainder is transferred to other members on the policy who are on a Connect Simplicity plan. You should check with LAYA that this works with Child policies.

Both the other plans have high out patient benefits at €7,650 and €6,500 respectively. Control 300 Create has, however, a high inpatient excess of €300 per private hospital claim

A point worth remembering is if you are hospitalised with a pre-existing condition you may not be eligible to avail of upgraded accommodation immediately should you change your policy.

This restriction does not apply outpatient benefits. They can be availed of straight away.

I hope this is helpful.

Back