Health Insurance Alternative to Irish Life's - Hospital Level 1

Investor100

Hi,

A friend of mine currently has the Hospital Level 1 plan with Irish life and she has been on this plan for many years. I've had a quick look at this plan, and to me the cover for private hospitals under this plan is very limited. Indeed, in a lot of instances, the cover is only 60% and the cover for some procedures is as low as 35%.

I would be grateful for any advice/opinions/suggestions on:

1. Alternative plans at, or around the same price but with better cover.
and,
2. Slightly more expensive plans, but with much better cover.

Thanks in advance.

Investor100

Hi Investor100,

Welcome to AAM.
I don't know your friend's renewal date but with Irish Life you can change plans during the year anytime, outside of renewal date.

The following 2 alternative Irish Life plans are well worth considering. Option 1 slightly cheaper, much better cover. Option 2 more expensive, better
cover. Details as follows;

1. Irish Life Benefit Plan; price 965pa; all public, private hospitals and Beacon hi-tech hospital fully covered; private/hi-tech hospital excess capped at 200 x 2 max per year for all admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. There is a 2000 co payment for hip and knee replacement surgery in
all private or hi-tech hospitals.

2. Irish Life 4D Health 1 plan; price 1135pa; all public, private hospitals and Beacon hi-tech fully covered. Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private Dublin
covered for cardiac + a range of special procedures and day case procedures (some surgeries not covered). Private/hi-tech excess 200 per admission, day case excess 75 per procedure. There is a 2000 co payment for hip and knee replacement surgery in all private and hi-tech hospitals, but the
Blackrock Clinic fully cover this surgery - they don't pass this charge onto the patient.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

The following alternative plans with Laya and VHI are worth considering if the renewal date is soon.
Note, Laya plans fully cover hip and knee replacement surgery in all private hospitals, no co-payment attached.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my query and for your comprehensive reply. Very informative.

Regards,

Investor 100

Back