Health Insurance Alternative to Irish Life 4D Health 2?

ClubMan

I'm currently on this policy for myself (net premium €1,267, mid 50s) and 16 year old son (€315). My employer pays 90% so there's BIK on that and I have to claim some tax relief manually. I'm leaving work and will be paying for cover myself for the foreseeable future.

As ever I'm bamboozled looking at the HIA and providers' websites. :confused:

Anybody know of any similar but better value policies out there? Or any tips on how to shop around/compare without getting bamboozled?

I might also be willing to reduce or forgo day to day medical expense refunds and other inessential bells and whistles that might be inflating the premium if there were significant savings to be had.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Clubman,

Other than paying a fee to someone like www.totalhealthcover.ie or others you are probably restricted to the HIA website which I will admit can be head wrecking.

I have had reason to use my policy a few times this year and have been very happy with the cover on VHI PMI0710 as recommended by the sadly missed snowyb :) Its really only when you rely on your health insurance that you realise how important it is to get the cover just right especially as we get older. My premium is probably similar to your own.

HTH

S.E.

the one thing with the LAYA comparison tool is to show only differences - that's proven very handy for me.

Back