Alloys destroyed

dangerman

To my horror this morning I drove into a poorly repaired section of road and destroyed one alloy and badly damaged another one.

The area is near the top of Greenhills road in Tallaght. I found out two trenches were dug about 10 days ago in two area's across the road about 5 meters apart to link sevives between two apartment blocks. The trenches were not covered in tarmac but just packed with loose material. When the trenches were filled in they were overfilled and now after 10 days of traffic are slowly becoming unfilled.

There were no road works signs to warn of bad road etc. There is a speed limit sign of 50KPH on this road situated 15 meters from trenches. I estimate I was travelling 30-40 KPH.

I have taken photos of the damage and road.

Can anyone advise who I should report this incident to? I want to make a claim against the crazy road repair. My allows at 18inch in size and estimated to replace both alloys and possibly tires could cost me excess €1300
(Set of four alloys = 1,600 /2 = €800. Tires €250 each)

If, after all that, you find the contractor doesn't want to know, take it to the small claims court. It's worth the EUR12 (or whatever it is)

A work collegue of mine had a similar problem. The road she uses to commute is in particularly bad condition and she has had numerous flat tyres. The final straw was when she hit a particularly bad pothole and damaged her alloy. The mechanic she brought it to recommended she contact the county council. She called her local co.co claims dept and they apparently told her she needed to submit a picture of the pothole along with a letter explaining what happened and a receipt for the damage and they would partly refund the damage cost. I thought it sounded a bit daft to be honest but i was standing beside her when she called and it seems to be genuine.

Back