Alloy Wheels/Tyres

Ham Slicer

Probably a bit of a daft question from someone who knows nothing about cars.

Anyway, have an Almera. No alloys – can’t recall the size of the wheels – probably 15 inch. A friend has a spare set of alloys (same size) with no tyres.

Can my tyres be fitted to the alloy wheels. Someone has suggested to me that they can’t as I need different tyres for alloy wheels.

Any ideas????

If the wheels are the same size the tyres will fit. Check PCD and off-set to make sure the alloy wheels fit the car.

In what ways were you told that tyres for alloys differ from tyres for steel wheels.

I was told that there was no tube in an alloy wheel just the "special" tyre sitting on the wheel. Sounded a bit daft to me. The person that told me this knows twice as much as me about cars - in this case that's more or less nothing.

The alloys are buried in the back of a shed but I'm hoping a guy in a garage could tell me if the original alloys from a Opel Tigra would fit an Almera ...hopefully without seeing. If I take the alloys out I can't put then back!

If the wheels are the same size the tyres will fit. Check PCD and off-set to make sure the alloy wheels fit the car.

In what ways were you told that tyres for alloys differ from tyres for steel wheels.

what year Almera is it??

Opel Tigra wheel fitment is 4x100 pcd and an ET or offset of about 38.

Pre 2000 Almera wheel fitment is 4x100 pcd and an ET of 35-42.

Post 2000 Almera has a wheel fitment of 4x114.3 pcd and ET of 35-45.

Your main problem is the pcd which if you have an 2000-> Almera, the wheels from an Opel Tigra wont fit. The spacing between the holes and bolts/nuts is totally different.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information lads.

Almera is post 00 so looks like they'll be staying in the shed this time.

Back