all in one cooker or hob and seperate oven

• Thread starter single male buyer
  • Start date
S

single male buyer

Just sign for a new semi d off the plans, would people recomend an all in one slot in cooker or hob and seperate cooker? Because of the layout the seperate cooker will be under the hob anyway. Any ideas, advantages either way would be most welcome.

I used to have an all in one slot in cooker but changed some time ago to separate hob and oven and would have to say I find this set up much better.

This thread might be worth a read if you are going making a few purchases from

counter height?

I thought the whole point of having the cooker separate to the hob is so that it could be mounted higher in a different unit. Saves having to bend down to look in or put things in.
?

Re: counter height?

The advantage of separates is that you can have an eletric cooker and gas hob (or vice versa), which I'd highly recommend.

oven and hob

thanks for the replies, could I ask why u find it much better sueellen?
Unfortunately due to the kitchen layout the oven has to under the hob, and gas is not available in the area, but still welcoming ideas ...

Our oven is actually above worktop level which is what I find handy because of the stooping/bending down point made by Tiger. It can be dangerous lifting hot dishes with liquid while you are also bending down but an argument against above worktop is level is that they can cause problems with grill spitting back and eye injuries/caustic burns to the eyes from cleaning agents.

I have a gra for these [broken link removed] because as it says on the tin they are definitely self-cleaning. Discount Electrical appear to be one of the few places that stock them. They're not cheap but I have seen a few others here also compliment them and they generally have a good reputation plus a long guarantee.

One of the reasons that I hate the slot in cookers is that no matter how much care you take of them they constantly get dirty both down the sides and at the back and are therefore harder to keep clean. They appear to be getting lighter also and a few friends have complained over the past few years that they just fall apart. Gone are the days of cookers lasting for years.

If my better half was reading this I'm sure he would say, 'if only she would get off the computer and do some cookin' ;)

separates

Having separates as opposed to all in ine is much better as with the all in one crumbs etc can get down the side of it.

we have separates but then again our oven is not directly uner the hob but if it were i would not go with the all in one job.

as for having no gas you can always have the gas cylinder outside??

Back