Alfa 155

J

James Mac

I am currently considering buying a 1999 alfa 155.

I know there are plenty of horror stories out there about reliability, but just wondering what people's experiences are. I would only be considering a car with a full alfa service history.

Has any-one any experience of the lumley warranty, which can be purchased at extra cost, and will cover the cost of labour and parts to repair anything that goes wrong.

didn't have one - but know a few who did....enough to say avoid like the plague...as they were besotted with problems...

ninsaga

Are you sure it's not a 156? I thought the 156's had replaced the 155's by then.

Re: Alfa 156

All,

I am sorry to say I have a 2000 156, I bought it because I liked the look of it and they drive well, this car has full alfa service history and all, but thats where the good points end.

Since, purchasing I have spent over €2,500 on replacing almost the entire suspension < Irish Roads?> and today I have also heard another familar noise from the left bushings..

My advice, Alfa 156, Good to look at,Good to drive, expensive to service and more expensive to keep on the Irish Roads.

Regards
ThomasJ

had one too...

I too had an alfa 156. Very Very Very exspensive car to service. The garages are awash with these cars as they can't be sold on. Some of the "standard " services on the car cost up to 1000 euro.
And 400 euro to change the plugs !!! i kid you not.
Stay well clear unless you are loaded.

ALFA 156 NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dont go near it they are like a priest you either get a good one or a bad one .......

Heard too many bad stories about alfas , they look good but there not very well put together cars so avoid like the plague

Re: alfa 156

I read somewhere that the 2001 models onwards had sorted out a lot the problems with the older ones.

ask about the cost of service

The cost of servicing this car can not be understated.....ask any owner how much a service can set you back ??
Its nothing short of scandalous.

value

Was at merlin car auctions a couple of weeks back and they had 4-5 Alfa 156's which were going *very* cheap.

There's a thread on boards.ie at the moment, under motors "would you buy on buy and sell" which has alot of bad news as well. (sorry no link, can't access boards from the office)

Back