Aldi Deal for a DeskTop Called Medion Akoya PC X7330 D { Looks Like a LG on the Pic}

Re: Alidi Deal for a DeskTop Called Medion Akoya PC X7330 D { Looks Like a LG on the

Father picked this up in Coolock 4 in the Q at 9am and he was one

In relation to the below

2 free hot-swap HDD bays for SATA hard disk drives

Not sure but he has an old Dell Inspiron does this mean I can take hard drive out of this and insert it here? Or is it better to get an enclosure for it :confused:

Also it does not come with Windows 64 bit but there is an option that correct? How do I get it to do a clean install does it come with the disk?

Re: Alidi Deal for a DeskTop Called Medion Akoya PC X7330 D { Looks Like a LG on the

... Not sure but he has an old Dell Inspiron does this mean I can take hard drive out of this and insert it here? Or is it better to get an enclosure for it :confused:...
The lap-top drive is probably a 2.5" form-factor and the drive-bays in the Medion are probably 3.5", and the lap-top drive is unlikely to have a SATA interface, so all-in-all it might be simpler to buy an external enclosure and cables in Peats / Maplin / PC World / online.
Also it does not come with Windows 64 bit but there is an option that correct? How do I get it to do a clean install does it come with the disk?
I have no idea, but the trend these days seems to be top supply disk images on a special partition on the system's internal hard-drive rather than on separate media.

Re: Aldi Deal for a DeskTop Called Medion Akoya PC X7330 D { Looks Like a LG on the P

Not sure what a Sata interface is but think its better to get an enclosure and do it that way.

It comes with a windows disk and to upgrade just pop it in and do clean install. Then reinstall the drivers on the disk. Just have to make sure Scanner, printer can take this ??

Re: Aldi Deal for a DeskTop Called Medion Akoya PC X7330 D { Looks Like a LG on the P

When I got mine ~6 months ago, 32bit vista was installed on it, supplied with it were 2 discs to re-install 32 bit and 64 bit

Another happy Medion / ALDI PC owner here.

+ 1 for Medion. I haven't looked at the spec of this one, but they are well built.

You get 2 discs,one with W7 32 and 64 bit versions are on the same disc.The other disc contains the freebie software and all the drivers.

Back