Alcohol for a party?

Abbica

Hi, I am having a house warming party and I suppose I should have some alcohol on offer at it, as it isn't a tea party!
Does anybody know a good place that sells a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc white and a cabernet sauvigon red or there abouts (any type you think thats good) at a good price please, no more than €6. I sometimes see bottles been sold but god only knows what they taste like, just wondering if anybody saw any and know that they are really nice?

Hi Abbica

Go into Dunnes Stores and ask them if they have any special offers. I know of someone who went in and asked if they had any special offers on at the moment and she was told to come back on the following Thursday morning where they were having a special offer on 12 euro bottles of wine, they were reduced to 6 euro.

Worth a try.

Regards

Hizzy

How far do you want to travel? Over the border there are plenty of reasonable bottles at this price.

IMO, you cannot beat Aldi or Lidl for value. Badgers Creek in Aldi, about €5.99, white and red. Baywood in Lidl, same price, really only drank the red. Excellent wines and I am choosy. Slim PS: had a recommendation for 'Limaso'(sic!) in Tesco. Italian wine. Haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I am not going to have it until the 31st May so can buy those two boddles in Lidl, red and white see what they taste like but will definitely ask about Dunnes or supervalue etc, ssee what deals they have coming up, good idea, I live in louth, is it really worth a trip to sainsburys for the alcohol.
Ok, just went onto costcutter there, say they have sale on wine at the moment, £8.99 down to £3.99, worth a trip, going up north next week, will definitely skip in there.

Back