Airport to Marriott Hotel in Munich

Swoon0

Anyone got any ideas as to the best way to get here from the airport, I heard there is a Lufthansa bus but I e-mailed them and they advised its their partner - AutobusOberbayern, I e-mailed them several times and no reply, fact that their website is in German is not a help at all !!

Munich Airport is served by U-Bahn (or metro or whatever it is called there), so getting to the city centre isn't a problem. The city itself is well served by trains, buses and trams.

Once there finding your hotel is the issue - I had a look at the marriott.com website, keyed in Munich and got 3 hotels all with maps and directions - so there shouldn't be much trouble there.

I think you may have the wrong end of the stick emailing the bus carrier asking how to get to a hotel - imagine sending an email (in the wrong language) to Bus Atha Cliath asking how to get from the airport to a particular hotel. I think emailing or ringing the hotel would bemore fruitful.

z

Damn Germans using their own language!! :). Found an english version [broken link removed] and it sounds like the ticket!

Hi Swoon,

According to Marriot.com there's 2 hotels in Munich... one in town and one by the airport.. I assume you mean the one in town ?

From Munich airport the s-Bahn (train) runs into town (there's 2 lines into town S1 and S3? - the trains alternate) ... service is very frequent and pretty cheap ... the station is under the concourse between the 2 Terminals in Munich Airport - this is the best value/fastest way into the city centre.

Looking at the Map on the Marriot site the hotel is a bit north of Munich city centre but close to a station on the U6 Underground line

So the cheapest way to get there would be take the S-Bahn from the airport into town and change to the U6 Underground line to go to the Hotel

You could get a taxi - but the new Munich airport is a good way out of town so it would cost a fair bit (€40 or so probably)

Any time I've been in Munich I've used the S-Bahn or taken a cab.. I've no idea about buses... However looking @ the AutobusOberBayern site here's the timetable (English and German - [broken link removed] )

I'd say unless the Muenchen Nord bus stop is close to the Hotel (which it may be as it's also on the U6 line) there's no point in using the bus as it's no faster into town, has less departures and costs more than the train.

Eh ZAG, not quite the same, Dublin Bus are state run company who don't really care about you as a customer and the German company I named are a private company who should be more caring - I was told that the bus passes 5 minutes away from the hotel but 5 minutes when you don't know which direction to travel when you get off the bus.............. Plus, for anyone reading this - it is infact the S-Bahn that serves the airport not the U-Bahn, S1 or the S8 will take you to Marienplatz - Centre of Town.

Stobear many thanks - you might have sorted the problem for me

swoon - I still think you are better asking the hotel for directions than the bus company.

z

Thanks EvilDoctorK , had most of that info, just really wondered if anybody knew of a more efficient way to get to my destination, Many thanks

Back