Airplane Seating

T

Trixie

Have booked with Aer Lingus.com to NYC - the allocated a seat which I might try to change. Any idea which are the best seats on an A330-300? I know bulkhead seats are good if you are tall (which I am) but they are also usually where screaming babies and kids are seated.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/popup/0,1030,80729,00.html (Here)is the seating plan for the plane, I had bulkhead a few times at the windows which for some reason, didnt have screaming babies etc. I recently flew on a 747 in the bulkhead seat with a 6 month old and the only reason to have it, in my opinion, is to house the bassinette which clips onto the wall. Or you could try begging for an upgrade to business class?

Hi there
We are just back from NYC and the plane we were on both jouneys, the seats in row 9 were the best. It is a small section of 3 rows of seats directly behind business class. Row 9 is the first row, then row 10 and row 11 the back (not so good cause seats will not recline as much).
After that there is a toilet and a station for the crew and then the rest of the seats.
I thought it was good because it was quieter than the rest of the plane.

Hope this helps.

check out the aer lingus website. Go to the Services & Frequent Flyer tab on the top navigation bar and then select the Seat Maps link on the left navigation bar. This gives you the seat map for the A330

No Aer Lingus Ratings

So it seems none of the independant consumer ratings guide websites on aircraft seating actually rate the Aer Lingus configuration of seating . . . the aer lingus site's map just shows the configuration. Naturally they're not going to say certain seats are crap, they want to fill them all.

The seating they've allocated me is aisle @ 27 one way and aisle @ 21 on the return. I don't think they're so bad, as the bulkhead can be a double edged sword. Looking at the plan there doesn't seem to be seats over the wing with slightly better pitch.

seats

On an AerLingus Eurpoean flight recently I was seated in a row adjacent to one of the over-wing emergency exits. The legroom there was definitely more generous than one of the regular row seats I sat in on the return journey.
A word though, only able bodied individuals - probably males - over 18 (or is it 16?) are permitted to sit next to the emergency exit.

Re: seats

Probably males? Why would you assume this? Females qualify as "able-bodied" individuals. i have often sat in the exit.....

Back