Air Fryer - More Energy Efficient?

Last week I decided its time to replace the old Tower Air Fryer. I went all in and bought an expensive 2 drawer branded air fryer. OMG the difference! Can now cook different foods in it. It's much more powerful, quicker cook times..its amazing and I don't say that lightly at all!!! (It cooks easy stuff like chicken so much quicker and better than the oven)

If unsure, do what I did, buy a cheapish one test it out and then go upmarket. Test one out see do you use it often and how you find it... they are amazing imho.

(For clarity, my household is 3 peeps. With the new dual drawer air fryer I'd say it would easily cook a meal for a family of 4)

Am about to do the very same - can I ask what make and model your replacement is @Wandering_Dazed?

Bought the Ninja 9.5l Foodie Max Dual Zone last week in Harvey Normans. There is a newer model out recently so the original model is on special at €239.95 which is really good value. the Newer model is very similar, only difference is it has a built-in probe and the button on the front is digital and not a dial... not worth the extra $80 imo

Just to comment on my experience. I bought an 80 euro tower fryer circa 18 months ago. As others have said it primarily was to replace the oil fryer for chips. A healthier option.

As I'm the only meat eater in the house, the Tower Air fryer was really chips only. Whether it was homemade chips (took a lot to figure out the best method) or Oven Chips..the air fryer was much faster and oven chips where much better cooked overall. Rather than waiting 20mins for the fan oven to warm up etc.

I gave a present to my elderly parents of a smaller air fryer for them to try. They found it a relevation!!! It was used for everything you can think off, chips, weekend fry ups, baking etc. Plus saved a lot of money spinning up her much less than A class oven.

Last week I decided its time to replace the old Tower Air Fryer. I went all in and bought an expensive 2 drawer branded air fryer. OMG the difference! Can now cook different foods in it. It's much more powerful, quicker cook times..its amazing and I don't say that lightly at all!!! (It cooks easy stuff like chicken so much quicker and better than the oven)

If unsure, do what I did, buy a cheapish one test it out and then go upmarket. Test one out see do you use it often and how you find it... they are amazing imho.

(For clarity, my household is 3 peeps. With the new dual drawer air fryer I'd say it would easily cook a meal for a family of 4)
Thanks Ed :)

Nice touch getting the folks set up with one as well.
If theyre anyhitng like my parents, they'd rather not spend too much time prepping up big meals every day of the week.

the Newer model is very similar, only difference is it has a built-in probe and the button on the front is digital and not a dial... not worth the extra $80 imo
If you regularly cook meats the probe is very handy. Insert it, set the desired temperature and it shut off once it reaches that. Whole chickens stay really moist and tender.

Back