AIB Aib staff mortgage

ELOF84

Hi. I changed my mortgage from ptsb to aib in Sept 2007. 190k of my mortgage was automatically put on the staff rate of 3% and the remainder was put on a tracker rate. Just wondered if I should have been given the option for the full amount to be put on the tracker rate. I know it late asking the question and probably too late to query it now but wanted to see if anyone had this same query? Thanks

Similar forum setup for this

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/aib-ex-staff-getting-€1-650-compensation.198225/

I have a query with Ombudsman for when Staff Business auto-changed all staff rate mortgages to variable. I think at this point the option for tracker should have been tabled/considered given the contract was changing. AIB's position is to quote the preferential rate account as a 'variable annuity' and not fixed account but the 3c clause has been ignored.

Thanks for that I'll have a look now I've a complaint logged. I was looking back on my contract and it doesn't even look like I was given the option for the 190k to he put on the tracker.

Back