Key Post AIB staff, ex-staff and the prevailing rate issue

Moelle

Hi All, we are in this particular cohort also and are waiting on a response from AIB. I’m wondering if there has been any further progression with the 2 cases that are already with the Ombudsman?

emilybee

No need to go to the Ombudsman. A decision should be made well before you get anywhere with it.

Brendan

Hi Brendan,
I am just wondering if there is any progress made on these cases?
I received a final response letter today from AIB with much the same response , staff rate was not a fixed rate but a static rate, and I am trying to decide is it worth progressing this further to the Ombudsman or await the outcome of existing cases that have progressed?
Thank you

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I have not heard of any progress on these cases.

But it has been reported elsewhere that there it takes 12 to 18 months for a decision.

I don't think that there is any point in going to the hassle of making a complaint now. You will be dragged by the Ombudsman through the mediation process. Then you will engage for ages in meaningless exchanges with AIB via the Ombudsman. Then when that is over, you will be told that it will take 12 months for a decision to issue.

Brendan

emilybee

I have not heard of any progress on these cases.

But it has been reported elsewhere that there it takes 12 to 18 months for a decision.

I don't think that there is any point in going to the hassle of making a complaint now. You will be dragged by the Ombudsman through the mediation process. Then you will engage for ages in meaningless exchanges with AIB via the Ombudsman. Then when that is over, you will be told that it will take 12 months for a decision to issue.

Brendan

Thank you Brendan. Your guidance is appreciated.