Key Post AIB - shortened term from 35 years to 15 years - now allowed to extend it again

quaklikeaduc

Just a note to say 2 weeks ago after reading a thread on aam my wife and I decided we should try to extend the term of our tracker, back to teh original 35 yr term.

we are on of the lucky ones, tracking ecb at .6% with AIB.

since 2007 we have been overpaying and we had reduced the term, not knowing of the potential issues. we think we are not in negative equity and we felt it migth be a good idea to revert to the original term (35) from the shortened 15 yr.
we are expecting our 4th child and our 2 bed house is too small so we will need ot consider trading up. we are hoping AIB will soon allow tracker holders to bring their trackers with them when trading up so we want to increase our savings.

we wrote a letter to the mortgage centre adn copied to our bank manager - in the letter to teh bank manager we said we looked forward to his support.
i am happy to confirm within 1 week AIB had satisifed our requirements.

so anyone that has read previously that the banks will say you have altered the t&Cs of the your tracker, dont be detered.

quak

That is very intersting and good practical, fair decision making by AIB. I wonder if all banks do the same?

Brendan

Bank of Scotland also allows

I had a similar situation with Bank of Scotland and had chosen to overpay the mortgage and reduce the term over the past number of years. Bank of Scotland had no problem allowing a revert to the original term of the mortgage and leaving the tracker intact.

I had money in bank of scotland and withdrew it when they were set to close. I withdrew the cash and gave it to my son as a gift. Now he wants to put the cash in the his bank account (2 years later) approx 10k.

He cant get a statement from bank of scotland to show where the money came from to show his income tax return.

Is there a way of getting back statements from Bank of Scotland since the account was closed?

Back