AIB Parent Saver Plan - regular saver with 10% on one year's contributions

I'm pretty sure godparents can open these too with consent from the parents.
Anybody can open an account for any kids as long as they get permission. I'm just wondering if they insist on written permission or just reserve the right to ask for it?

I've opened two accounts for my children, as I've been with the bank a while they did not require any documentation for the children.

On the application form there is a section for parental consent if the child is not your own and I think they may ask for a copy of birth cert.

A couple could actually open 8 accounts, 4 for each individual, if you can find 8 children. You could open them for nieces and nephews also.

There seems to be very few restrictions on the accounts with regards to withdrawls etc, which is good as some of the other regular saver accounts seem very restrictive.
Thanks losttheplot.

I opened one for my grandchild and presented written consent from the childs father. I thought it was necessary '' third party such as grandparents or godparents my also open a Parent Saver Plan with the written consent of the parent of the nominated child.''

I opened one for my grandchild and presented written consent from the childs father. I thought it was necessary '' third party such as grandparents or godparents my also open a Parent Saver Plan with the written consent of the parent of the nominated child.''
What is that quote from? Not from the T&Cs. As far as I can see the [broken link removed] say:
1.4 Accounts will be opened in respect of a child nominated by the Customer (“the Child”) with the consent of a parent of the Child if necessary. The Child must be under 18 years of age. We reserve the right to seek evidence of the existence of the Child, by production to us of an original or certified copy birth certificate or other documentation.

It's on the main page.

Benefits of the Parent Saver Plan:

• Great variable rates of interest on both savings accounts - maximising your savings.
  • Offers you the flexibility to save regularly on a monthly basis – as well as any lumps sums you may have from time to time. It is ideally suited for saving your Children’s Allowance.
  • Third parties such as grandparents or godparents may also open a Parent Saver Plan with the written consent of the parent of the nominated child.
  • For those unexpected emergencies you have the flexibility of withdrawing your money from either of these accounts at any time without penalty.
  • No fees or charges apply to either account.

Thanks. The T&Cs are presumably more authoritative than any product blurb on the website though.

i opened four of these accounts-you would be a fool not to-I read all the t's and c's and the product information-and concluded that just about anyone can open one (or 4)! of these accounts

Could a couple open 8 accounts all for one child?

Can;t see anything against it in the T&C.

Could a couple open 8 accounts all for one child?

Can;t see anything against it in the T&C.
What about:
1.5 No Customer may open more than four Plans whether in the Customer’s sole name or jointly with another customer.
I would also imagine even if the T&Cs don't state it explicitly that they would only allow one account per individual child.

But "the Customer" must be over 18 years of age. Seems pretty clear that any reference to a customer is to the Parent.

I'll drop in to check what is possible

I must close down my Parent Saver accounts - I have just noticed that the Interest Rate is now down to only 2.5% :eek:

Back