AIB Aib half fixed half tracker

funkel

So are people pursuing this on an individual level? Is that the way to go if the group action is not going ahead?

I had a 3 year fixed taken out in 2006/07 on half my mortage and a tracker on the other 50%. They are dealt with as two separate mortgages I believe. When the 3 year fixed portion expired, I was not offered a tracker on this mortgage - should I have been? I did subsequently fix again for a period but not straight away.

I would be grateful for any reply/update/advice. Thanks!

Funkel

This is very interesting. Can you confirm that you got the March lettter with the 1650 compensation.

If so. Can you provide more info e.g. what tracker rate are you on?

I'm in a similar situation. 50 /50 mortgage in 2017. Original offer letter was for 100% of the amount on tracker. Fixed for 5 yrs on half, didn't fix after. Other half on 1.1% margin tracker. Did get a letter in March (and 1650 cheque that I haven't cashed) and have requested an appeals pack. Haven't gotten in on the group and haven't completed the appeal yet.

Funkel

This is very interesting. Can you confirm that you got the March lettter with the 1650 compensation.

If so. Can you provide more info e.g. what tracker rate are you on?
Yes I did get the compensation. I would have to check the tracker rate but I think it's 1.1%.

Hi Brendan
I have similar arrangements to above with Aib..part tracker part fixed. The fixed went to variable.
I have raised a complaint almost a year ago with AIB asking why I wasn't offered tracker(it was shortly after tracker was withdrawn) on the expiring fixed to be in same situation as the tracker as the tracker and fixed both relate to the same home.
The reason I was on fixed in first place was that I could continue a better rate there from a previous property alongside a topup of tracker for new home in 2007. The combination offered the best overall rate.
Does the fact that all the loans related to the same property and were part of same original sanction of loan?
Patient fella

Back