AIB Graduate account

max

Does anybody know how quickly AIB removes the graduate status from people's accounts when the stipulated 18 month period expires? I've had mine for a few months in excess of this period now and was wondering when I'll have to start paying their fees.

max said:
Does anybody know how quickly AIB removes the graduate status from people's accounts when the stipulated 18 month period expires? I've had mine for a few months in excess of this period now and was wondering when I'll have to start paying their fees.

Not sure what the answer to your question is, as long time no student :p , but AIB have introduced "transaction free banking" to certain qualifying customers, see [broken link removed].

could be of interest when they catch up with you ;).

AIB will continue to give you graduate status until you 'annoy' them. From what I've heard unless you flag it to them or if you start to work and subsequently stop your salary going into the account they will then remove the 'student' status.

Of course with the free banking with ptsb etc the old concept of 'student' banking is more or less redundant.

Graduated in 2004 and I still have a student account!!

My theory is that they let you keep the student account with no fees so you don't switch banks and just as importantly that you don't switch branches.

The bank managers of the student branches don't want to loose all the students that suddenly start earning money. From my personal experence and that of my friends, If your a recent graduate with a good income they won't change your account only if you request something outside of what the student account provides. e.g. on line share dealing

If they did start charging me, I would change bank accounts in the morning.

They just start charging me without requesting anything from them. Ah well, at least the fees are gone now.

Back