AIB AIB Appeals Panel

PFS7979

Have any members/posters any experience of how long its taking AIB to consider appeals on the level of redress payment?

In our instance it involved loss of the property... I raised this in another forum that is no longer active but hopefully this is an appropriate forum for the query.

Many thanks.

I have yet to see the paper work for the AIB panel but they usually cap the limit for compensation for these panels which is satisfactory for people in extreme cases

I received 25k in respect to my loss of BTL from AIB. Has anyone managed to get their 25k figure upped ?

Hi,

Has anyone had an appeal to AIB "independent" appeal panel upheld?.ie: a greater sum.of compensation issued?

Loss of a property in our instance with numerous failings on the Banks part. The compensation amounted to c. 33% of the property value and panel rejected our appeal.

Hi pfs
Please clarify. You requested 33% and got turned down or was that your original offer from them. For losing a home 33% of its value would not compensate you for your loss . I note you say property and not home was it your property or your family home. Not that it matters the stress is the same. I just want a feel for how the appel panel is working or not working

Hi Colm,

To clarify, this was the offer made by AIB and the sum paid equated to c 33% of the current value of the house. The appeal was turned down. The case involves a close family member who I have been assisting. Reluctant to go in granular detail. The house was the only property owned by that person. The person moved in with their partner and the rationale behind which house to live in was centered on an understanding and "reality" that the AIB funded house was a high variable rate.

The decision on which of their two houses (bought individually as single people before they had met) to live in was key. The decision would probably have been to live in the AIB-funded property on what should have been an excellent tracker rate....

Question about the appeals panel.
Do we know who the members are ?
Does anyone know of them or heard of them.
Everyone on here,pretty much everyone in the dail and every sane thinking person thinks the setting of a prevailing rate 5 years later is utter nonsense except the the top brass at aib and the central bank,why would the members of the panel think differently.

The process is less than satisfactory. The Bank are defending thousands of appeals and know the process/members/ the panels thought process inside out.

The affected customers however have only one shot at it. I was stunned to see the panel uphold the Bank's position in our case. Notwithstanding numerous errors by the Bank and loss of property. So its onto the courts....

Back