AIB AIB appeal rejected - should I go to Ombudsman or wait for a High Court case?

October2019

I see some of Brendan's post saying that you should appeal the AIB decision, which I have done and as expected 'independent' panel came back and said that they felt that I had been adequately compensated ( I would love to know how many appeals they have upheld for the customer rather than AIB). I now have the option of going to the Ombudsman but I am wondering if there is any point? I read in an earlier thread that if I go to the Ombudsman and fail I may not be able to avail of the hopefully positive outcome in the high court. Thanks

I assume you are in the €1,650 group?

You have 6 months to make a decision and should wait to see how things progress in the meantime.

I am collecting these "rejection decisions" to see if they use any different arguments or if they are all the same, so if you wouldn't mind emailing me a copy to brendan at this website.

Thanks

I see some of Brendan's post saying that you should appeal the AIB decision, which I have done and as expected 'independent' panel came back and said that they felt that I had been adequately compensated ( I would love to know how many appeals they have upheld for the customer rather than AIB). I now have the option of going to the Ombudsman but I am wondering if there is any point? I read in an earlier thread that if I go to the Ombudsman and fail I may not be able to avail of the hopefully positive outcome in the high court. Thanks

Sorry to hear your appeal was rejected....I suspect there will be a similar outcome in the majority of cases.....did it take long to hear back from your appeal? As Brendan suggested, I would be waiting for as long as possible before going to the ombudsman...

Thanks Brendan, verywhys it took a good few months to go through the process and in my opinion AIB and BDO made it as difficult as possible( you would not believe some of the nonsense they came back with). They make it difficult for you to submit the application then try and put ridiculous obstacles at each stage and when you question something they either don’t have the answers or need to go to the panel, an example of this would be that I asked for all correspondence in relation to the case and I received a letter telling me what dates I had received the correspondence!! Now I’m an accountant myself and I know for a fact BDO aren’t that incompetent so they are obviously acting on instructions here.

Hi Brendan, I have requested all the information and will send it to you once received- what’s the email address ( sorry only joined a couple of days ago)

Thanks

I don't need much information, just the decision of the panel.

My email address is brendan at this website.

Brendan

Back