AIB AIB appeal rejected - do I need to officially reject their decision?

justsaying

Same here. Got my Appeals Panel decision letter back a week ago and in a nutshell they feel AIB have compensated me adequately and no further compensation should be awarded. The basis of their decision to reject my appeal was that had AIB offered me the tracker mortgage rate at the end of my fixed rate period in October 2011, the tracker rate would have equalled or exceeded the standard variable rate, hence they believe I have suffered no loss as a result.

I don't know what to do about the ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION FORM? If I tick REJECT what is going to happen next? It has to be returned within 20 business days..

I will email the letter onto Brendan aswell.

Hi Just reply, if you reject it you have 6 months then to go to the Ombudsman ( something else I am not happy with, a time limit on complaining to a statutory body). I just rejected it and sent it back to BDO.

I'll reject and send back and hold off then to see how other's get on with their appeals
Thanks

From the terms of reference

8. Informing you of the Tracker Panel’s Decision
The Tracker Panel decision will include an Acceptance Form which will ask you to confirm whether you accept
or reject the Tracker Panel’s decision.

If you choose to accept the decision, you must return the completed Acceptance Form to the Tracker Panel within 20 Business Days from the date you receive the TrackerPanel decision (you will be deemed to have received theTracker Panel’s decision the day after it is sent to you). This is the day after the date of the letter enclosing the Tracker Panel decision.

The Tracker Panel’s decision will explain that you can pursue a further complaint to the FSO, including an appeal of any resulting FSO decision, or to the Courts, within the timeframes at Rule 3.4 above, if you reject the Tracker Panel decision.

You will not be bound by the Tracker Panel decision unless and until you sign and return the Acceptance Form. If you accept the Tracker Panel decision and you sign and return the Acceptance Form to the Tracker Panel, you will waive all claims and complaints against us in relation to the matter the subject of your Appeal, including your right to pursue a further complaint in relation to the subject matter of your Appeal to the FSO or to the Courts.

Extract from the form - full form attached

upload_2019-2-27_14-19-0.png

Attachments

• Accept or reject form.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 373
I don't think it's necessary to reject it. You will still have your 6 months to appeal to the Ombudsman or the Court.

But maybe there is no downside in rejecting it either.

It should be understood by BDO and AIB that if they reject an appeal, the borrower will automatically reject that decision.

Brendan

Who is making this final decision. Is this decision been made by AIB and sent onto BDO or are BDO making this decision?

It is the Independent Appeals Panel
which is appointed by AIB .

BDO are only the administrators of the scheme.

Back