AGM report

Brendan Burgess

Founder
David Murphy from RTE is tweeting about it

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE Consumer advocate Brendan Burgess says PTSB should cut rates by 1% 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE A series of PTSB mortgage holders have attacked high home loan rates at IL&P AGM. Despite rate cut of 0.5% they say it's higher than others 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE Mortgage holder Karen Donohue calls on customers to withdraw credit card business and deposits from PTSB in protest at high rates 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE Mortgage holder Conor McNally says his family has suffered terribly as a result of PTSB mortgage rates at IL&P AGM 3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE Mortgage customer Sarah Hogan has attacked rates at PTSB. She says she is prisoner of the bank and calls on customers to withdraw deposits 3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE IL&P chairman Alan Cook says Troika discussions included possibility of closure of PTSB but it will now be a stand alone bank 3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

[broken link removed]

davidmurphyRTE Irish Life & Permanent has invited shareholders who have views on mortgage rates to address AGM 3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Good work as always to Brendan.

Also fair play to Karen Donohue and Sarah Hogan whom i just heard clips of on RTE news.

Well done to all who had the courage to stand up and speak today at the AGM and to Brendan who gave us the platform to do so.

Congrats to all

angela59

This is from Laura Noonan on Twitter today:

Looks like no announcement on PTSB rates today, they say they're keeping them "under review"

They're getting slaughtered by svr customers for their "obscene" rates, hypocritical communications etc..

"I can not stress enough how unloyal I am to your bank.I, along with thousands more,would drop you like a hot coal if I could" PTSB customer

"I don't want a write off or forgiveness, I want a fair rate" - PTSB mortgage holder

"we await a normal functioning market where we can break free from the shackles of permanent TSB" - mortgage holder

"I am tired of sympathy from the bank ... I am so tired of paying for other people's reckless decisions" - PTSB mortgage holder

PTSB chairman explaining funding costs and "discontinuity" between their rates and market to unimpressed looking shareholders

PTSB chairman Cook insists he's "not waffling" but can't say when the bank will bring its old SVR rates into line with new ones

Piotr "I have a harsh message, this is not a customers meeting, this is a shareholders meeting". Ooh...

Chances of egg throwing seem to have gone up markedly since piotr took the mic #eggwatch

In fairness Piotr does have a point.

Hi AJ

He does indeed. However, I felt that Piotr was not resenting the customers speaking. He was saying as a lot of other people said, that having happy customers is good for shareholders.

The borrowers speaking today were either shareholders in their own right or else proxies on behalf of shareholders.

Brendan

Well Brendan and everyone affected by PTSB SVR I couldn't be happier after watching the news, hopefully they are feeling the pressure. The interview with Michael McGrath was very good as was David Murphy of RTE - great to finally get the spotlight.

Angela59

Looks like they are going to do something about the SVR over the summer.

Feeling a bit silly for fixing at 5.75%

I was just worried about the SVR continuing to rise.

Great coverage on the news guys,

Well done to all involved for putting the effort in.

Hopefully,with more pressure they will change the rates

Really proud of you all for standing up and confronting them...

Fabulous work everyone, not so easy for some of us to get to things like this, I am in Donegal, so thanks to your good selves for helping all of us.

I would like to thank David Murphy, Business Editor RTE for his contribution, would anyone have an email address for him.

Angela59

Consumer Show mentioned the AGM also and are to follow up on it. It really is getting a lot of coverage. Well done everyone..

Back