After Covid

And there has been no change to the barbers shop or the numbers allowed into a room for the safepass course?
The change will be a lot will do what they done for last 18 months and as regards safe pass they still will have to be done so it's only time issue and full classes untill caught up on.Covid can't be used as excuse to drive everything up and still pay very little wages.A lot of businesses weren't much worse off and got to spend a lot of quality time at home no matter what they say.

The change will be a lot will do what they done for last 18 months and as regards safe pass they still will have to be done so it's only time issue and full classes untill caught up on.Covid can't be used as excuse to drive everything up and still pay very little wages.A lot of businesses weren't much worse off and got to spend a lot of quality time at home no matter what they say.

Seems to be nothing but speculation with no substance there. Has there been any changes in the layout or safety procedures in the barbers? Where was charging €120 for SafePass training that is now charging €200 and have class sizes or anything else that affects operating costs changed? The Eolas fee has risen of course, so if both examples included that you get part of the increase.

Seems to be nothing but speculation with no substance there. Has there been any changes in the layout or safety procedures in the barbers? Where was charging €120 for SafePass training that is now charging €200 and have class sizes or anything else that affects operating costs changed? The Eolas fee has risen of course, so if both examples included that you get part of the increase.
There's no speculation,the price is up. of course it's class size but people will still have to get it. Haircut rise has to do with cleaning, thats what's on poster anyway

There's no speculation,the price is up. of course it's class size but people will still have to get it. Haircut rise has to do with cleaning, thats what's on poster anyway

Ah right, so there are increased costs for the suppliers and a reduced income, but you're calling that a rip-off???

What, like India?
The EU has exported half of the vaccines we have produced. The USA and UK have exported none worth talking about.
India is a basket case , I mean they have everything to produce billions of doses , told Pfizer to run more trials in India, Pfizer told them " up your twist" AZ sent most of what they produced to Europe.

Modi allows millions do what they want and then starts whingin that supplies of materials are blocked, ok from the US they are but again India has the capability to produce that stuff.

It's vaccine was going to provide vaccines first for India herself and then the poorer countries?

India is an example of arrogance in this pandemic and if that's an example of what other countries might do wrong it's a shining example

Ah right, so there are increased costs for the suppliers and a reduced income, but you're calling that a rip-off???
This reminds me of people whining that everything is half the price in Spain as they are here. When they are told that yes, but wages in Spain are half what they are here too they don't see the connection.

This reminds me of people whining that everything is half the price in Spain as they are here. When they are told that yes, but wages in Spain are half what they are here too they don't see the connection.

Yeah, it's just easier to blame greedy business owners rather than try to understand the costs of doing business here and doing something constructive about that.

The wages haven't gone up that's the point

Yeah, it's just easier to blame greedy business owners rather than try to understand the costs of doing business here and doing something constructive about that.
The issue is it's too dear to live for people on the minimum wage .I'm not as worried about business owners

The issue is it's too dear to live for people on the minimum wage .I'm not as worried about business owners
Most people on the minimum wage live in middle to high income households. No family is living on the minimum wage as they get FIS and other supports. The problem is that the State spends about half our GNI and the State is incredibly wasteful and inefficient. While that's the case there's little any of us can do to improve things. The Squeezed middle is being squeezed by State sponsored waste.

Without business owners you have no jobs! Business owners face the same costs of living as the rest of us and rising costs of running their businesses. To accuse them of operating a rip-off without justification does nothing to spotlight the drivers behind their increased costs that impact all of us.

Without business owners you have no jobs! Business owners face the same costs of living as the rest of us and rising costs of running their businesses. To accuse them of operating a rip-off without justification does nothing to spotlight the drivers behind their increased costs that impact all of us.
You are trying to twist all the time .without hard working staff you don't have businesses the rip off Is in the increased prices a blind man would see them .wages are the same increased costs are other rip off businesses that you so want to protect.

Most people on the minimum wage live in middle to high income households. No family is living on the minimum wage as they get FIS and other supports. The problem is that the State spends about half our GNI and the State is incredibly wasteful and inefficient. While that's the case there's little any of us can do to improve things. The Squeezed middle is being squeezed by State sponsored waste.
There are plenty of working people living on the breadline maybe not in your world

You are trying to twist all the time .without hard working staff you don't have businesses the rip off Is in the increased prices a blind man would see them .wages are the same increased costs are other rip off businesses that you so want to protect.
That makes no sense. Rents are increasing, VAT has increased, insurance has increased significantly, raw materials have increased significantly for many businesses. Do you expect businesses to run at a loss or do you expect them to increase their prices as their costs increase?

I'm not. You claimed these businesses were operating a rip-off based on an anecdote of prices increasing without any acknowledgement of the impact of covid restrictions on how they currently operate, or on rising costs they face elsewhere in staff, supplies and government. Now that you can't provide any detail on the costs to those businesses you just claim they are being ripped off.

I'm not. You claimed these businesses were operating a rip-off based on an anecdote of prices increasing without any acknowledgement of the impact of covid restrictions on how they currently operate, or on rising costs they face elsewhere in staff, supplies and government. Now that you can't provide any detail on the costs to those businesses you just claim they are being ripped off.
There was nothing anecdotal about the 2 examples I saw and paid for or is it only your word that's gospel.My claim is that it's now dearer to live in Ireland and wages haven't gone up .It's my claim that businesses haven't increased wages to minimum wage earners but have increased prices making Ireland unaffordable for said workers.Its your claim that it's justified .

There was nothing anecdotal about the 2 examples I saw and paid for or is it only your word that's gospel.My claim is that it's now dearer to live in Ireland and wages haven't gone up .It's my claim that businesses haven't increased wages to minimum wage earners but have increased prices making Ireland unaffordable for said workers.Its your claim that it's justified .
No, you claimed that businesses are ripping people off. Others have said that their costs per transaction have increased so their charge per transaction have increased. Therefore it's not a rip-off.

Affordability is a completely different thing. It's worth remembering that is a business is offering goods or services at price which their customers can't afford then the business will go bust.
Therefore the issue which you are concerned with, and I agree with you on this, is income disparity or really net income disparity.

Back