Affordable Housing: What to expect in the interview?

Re: Affordable Housing

i know of someone who bought a house 4 years ago under this scheme and at least 2 of the houses are now rented out on her road. One of the occupants never even lived in the house and has been renting it out for 4 years now. She has complained to fingal county council but to no avail. It was a stipulation at the time of purchase that you were not allowed rent out house but it seems that they turn a blind eye now which is very unfair.

wHY NOT TRY THE SHARED OWNERSHIP SCHEME INSTEAD

I am now having difficulty meeting the savings citeria. Am putting away 400 on a regular basis for last six months. This together with the rent I pay of 300 brings my savings to 700 a month (as rent can be taken into account for repayment capacity purposes). So I am meeting the FCC criteria. But FCC are unwilling to accept a completed rent book (signed by the landlords agent) as proof of rent payements. They said that they require either a standing order showing the rent going into the landlord's account or a letting agreement. Landlord is unwilling to help out. I know I could force the issue with the landlord but getting a good deal on where I am staying and dont want to rock the boat with the other housemates. Any advice on how to get out of this pickle?!!

foxylady said:
wHY NOT TRY THE SHARED OWNERSHIP SCHEME INSTEAD

My debt since my last post has now been reduced to 11600! PHEW!

It was just yesterday that I llooked in to this shared ownership after being refused a affordable house! The lovely lady at the co council says I do not have to reapply as they will use the same application as for affordable house (however my reduced loan will be taken cognisance of!)

Fingers crossed....

I remember we had a discussion about this before and it got very heated. Many of us knew of cases like this. It is indeed very unfair but I m shocked that they won't take any notice of it. Tut tut.

I'm considering applying for the Affordable housing scheme. I've downloaded the application from Meath CC website and notice that there is a question on existing accomadation. Will it go against me if I say that I'm currently living with my Dad in a 5 bedroom house ? I only moved home to save money.

Thanks