Affiliate Programs - website / online sales

F

Fishy

Have an online business which is starting to trade very well with sales coming in from the UK, and increasingly from Canada & the US where we could potentially do large volumes going forward.

Have been approached by a Cable Channel in Canada who want to sell our products through an Affiliate programme. General deal is for a 3-5yr exclusivity clause in Canada to which I have no problem as they will promote the products no end!

However I am unsure as to what commision rate one should quote in these cases. The channel is a perfect match for our products however I know little about affiliate programmes and would apreciate any heads up on potential 'Pit-falls'

Thanks in advance.

As this would be an unusual way for businesses in Ireland to sell, you will probably only get a theoretical response from AAM users.

Can you watch the channel and see what other products they sell? Do you know any of the other suppliers? Contact them for their advice.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan,
It is hard to fine someone here with much experience in 'Affiliate' programs as they are only starting to take off here although they are well established across the 'Pond'.
As you suggest, might contact someone in Canada who watches the channel and get feedback from them.

Thanks again

Back