Aer Lingus Refund Requests Go Ignored

celticlass

I would appreciate any assistance with receiving my refund from Aer Lingus.

According to the terms of my ticket purchase, I am owed more than $4000US from Aer Lingus. Friends of mine in similar situation are owed more than $9000US.

I have requested the refund three times, beginning on May 21 2020. Today, 8 weeks later, I have not received a refund. I receive auto-reply emails.

Yesterday I received a most disappointing email from Ireland's Air Passenger Rights, aviationreg.ie, who says it is not their responsibility to hold Aer Lingus accountable.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me who at Aer Lingus I can contact, or which Government Agency in Ireland can assist me.

Thank you sincerely.

I recieved my refund from Aer Lingus in a week.

What email address / contact form did you you use ?

I used the EU261 compensation form by accident, but they sorted it out for me.

I recieved my refund from Aer Lingus in a week.

What email address / contact form did you you use ?

I used the EU261 compensation form by accident, but they sorted it out for me.
Thank you for replying. I used the Refund Form on the Aer Lingus US website - it appears that American customers receive different Aer Lingus service then EU customers.

Thank you for replying. I used the Refund Form on the Aer Lingus US website - it appears that American customers receive different Aer Lingus service then EU customers.

Don't know about that. I had a complaint with Aer Lingus a number of years back where I was charged again at the airport for luggage I'd already paid for. Took me 6 months to get the refund, and that was pre-COVID!

Don't know about that. I had a complaint with Aer Lingus a number of years back where I was charged again at the airport for luggage I'd already paid for. Took me 6 months to get the refund, and that was pre-COVID!
Thank you Leo - good to know - especially for the next time I book travel.

Back